It’s Valentine’s Day, and while a lot of people are focused on how to show love to their significant others, or that person you have a crush on, I want to encourage you to show love to everyone that you come across today, because not everyone has a special someone! Here are some ways to show love this Valentine’s Day!
1. Hold the door open for someone. I can’t tell you how many times I have been in a public setting and I walk through the door behind someone and they let the door slam in my face. One way to show love is to take that extra second to hold the door open for someone today!
2. Give a compliment to a stranger. You have no idea what people may be going through, and saying something nice to someone could help turn their day around.
3. Pay for someone else’s meal. This is a common random act of kindness that gets used a lot, but it does work, and is a simple way to be kind to someone else. If you are in line getting lunch or grabbing a snack, be generous and pay for the person behind you. They will be presently surprised.
4. Post an inspirational quote and tag your close friends. Sometimes we need to read some motivational words that will give a new perspective on something or uplift us. You can google inspirational quotes and share the one that is speaking to you.
5. Send a card to a service member. This one is a nice way to reach out to someone who is serving in the armed forces and doesn’t have the luxury of seeing loved ones in person. There are many organizations where you can send cards for service members to send to their loved ones on holidays like valentines day. One of those is operation gratitude.